Adding your data to Listenbrainz
There are many ways to submit your listening history to ListenBrainz:
- VLC, cross-platform multimedia player:
VLC Listenbrainz plugin
- mpd, cross-platform server-side application for playing music:
- Strawberry, a cross-platform music player
- Foobar2000, full-fledged audio player for Windows:
- MusicBee, a music manager and player for Windows:
- Rhythmbox, a music playing application for GNOME
- Lollypop, a modern music player for GNOME
- cmus, a console-based music player for Unix-like operating systems:
- Longplay, an album-based music player for iOS
- Poweramp, a music player for Android:
- Tauon Music Box, a music player for Linux, Arch Linux, and Windows
- Quod Libet, a cross-platform audio player
- Musium, an album-centered music player
- Ampcast, a player, scrobbler and visualiser for personal media servers and streaming services.
Standalone programs/streaming servers
- Rescrobbled, a universal Linux scrobbler for MPRIS enabled players
- mpris-scrobbler, a minimalistic unix scrobbler for MPRIS enabled players
- SmashTunes, a Mac menu bar utility for displaying the current track. Submits Apple Music and Spotify listens
- applescript-listenbrainz, an applescript service to submit Apple Music listens
- Eavesdrop.FM, submits Plex music listening data to ListenBrainz
- AudioStreamerScrobbler, submit listens from hardware audiostreamers (Bluesound/BluOS, MusicCast, HEOS)
- Funkwhale, a decentralized music sharing and listening platform with built-in support for ListenBrainz
- Jellyfin, a free software media streaming system:
- gonic, a free software Subsonic-compatible music server, has built-in support for ListenBrainz
- Navidrome, a free software music server compatible with Subsonic/Airsonic
- Kodi, a free and open source media center: ListenBrainz add-on
- Airsonic-Advanced, a free, web-based media streamer
- AMWin-RP, a Discord Rich Presence client for Apple Music's native Windows app.
- Web Scrobbler, an extension for Firefox and Chrome/Chromium-based browsers
- The official ListenBrainz app for Android devices
- Simple Last.fm Scrobbler, for Android devices
- Pano Scrobbler, a scrobbling application for Android Devices
- YTMusic2listenbrainz.py, a Python script to submit your YouTube Music watch history to Listenbrainz.
Submitting via Spotify
ListenBrainz can automatically record listens from Spotify.
Importing the same listens from two different sources such as Last.FM and Spotify may cause the creation of duplicates in your listen history. If you opt into our automatic Spotify import, you may notice duplications in the last 50 listens on Spotify.This is a temporary issue while we find better ways to deduplicate listens.
Playlist submissions and tools
Playlists can also be submitted and stored on your ListenBrainz account.
- listenbrainz-playlist-uploader, a CLI tool for submitting local M3U playlists to ListenBrainz, as well as submitting feedback on tracks
For advanced users
Developers are able to submit their listens to Listenbrainz using the Listenbrainz API. Information on how to do this can be found in the API docs